Friday, July 10, 2015

"Gonske's Gate"



I am a lucky girl - I was personally invited by Walt Gonske himself to paint at his house while he was away.  Walt is a well known Taos painter who I also can call a friend and mentor.  I was compelled to paint Saint Francis, the patron saint of small animals, who stood guarding the front entryway.
You see, my Dad (I believe) is one of the reasons I am a painter today.  He could draw anything us kids asked him to draw and it always amazed me.  My Dad was also a patron saint of small animals, making birdhouses and making sure those birds were fed each day.  The yard became a bird sanctuary to many species - and still is today because my Mom makes sure of it.
I lost my Dad two years ago - one reason why I have not updated my blog in so long.  I'm a lucky girl to have had such a wonderful Dad and so this blog is dedicated to him -
Thanks Dad - I am forever grateful.

24" x 30"  original oil painting      $1,000.00

No comments: